Today I achieved my 1.5 stone award at Slimming World 🙂
In this week’s group we discussed the movie night menu feature and food swap options. Bank holiday weekend I noticed Jurassic Park 1, 2 and 3 are free on Netflix so we enjoyed family movie nights three days in a row.
Over the weeks I’ve been inspired by others in the group and learned a lot about food;
- Our leader’s recently walked 100km along St Cuthberts Way
- Frozen fruit makes a satisfying snack on an evening e.g. frozen grapes, melon or frozen curly wurly’s are a long lasting chocolate treat (6 syns)
- People have shared honest accounts of their struggles including binge and secret eating, plus their day to day lives and holiday adventures.
- A group member told us how she’d fallen off a temple whilst at a meditation retreat in Cambodia, and had to eat what people brought her – which included rat, and frog
- With losing weight, food accounts for 80%, exercise for 20%.
- Protein is the most filling food, then fiber.
- One of our group found a golden bag in the Cancer Research giveaway, and is in the running to win a trip to London. We’re all routing for her.
What I like most is hearing about and trying new recipe ideas. Today I’ve had rainbow rice pizza (base made with rainbow rice (small veg pieces) and 2 eggs, baked in the oven for 20 minutes), and Scan Bran (high fiber crispbreads from Scandinavia) from Holland and Barrett with pease pudding and ham.
What are your favorite recipes?